Tuesday, June 1, 2010

And Rest!

I MADE IT! My deadline came and I was on schedule. This deadline was not going to whoosh past me and I just watch it fly by. I have finished revision one of my novel dropping about 40% of the original. It was a little difficult to see my page count go from 106 to only 66 but it means I've cut out a lot of the drivel (I'm hoping). So with that I am proud to say that I made it in time for the NaNoWriMo/CreateSpace deadline and was notified about an hour ago that my proof copy of my FIRST NOVEL EVER has been shipped.

Its probably awful, most likely a little sad, and definitely incoherent at times, but it is MINE!! And it will be in print, with my name on it, my words on the page, and on my bookshelf. And no, you can't read it. Not yet. At least one more revision before I consider beta readers.

I am, however, going to take a little time off before I start looking at a second revision. At least I am going to try. Stephen King says that one should lock it in a drawer and forget about it for six months before picking it up again. I don't have six months if I want to at least query agents before I'm 31. I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks so I figured when I get back I will print it out and start the arduous process all over again.

Oh, and I will post pictures of my proof copy when it comes in. And for those interested, after minutes and minutes of research I realized that my tired imagination actually had the right idea about how to kill demons! Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment