Friday, August 20, 2010

Will the Voices in My Head Please SHUT UP!!

Two posts in one week, can you believe it? I can't either. But since I still don't have a computer of my own this is the closest I get to writing down some of my ideas. I guess I could hand write them but it takes me way too long to transcribe them. (my mind rewrites everything as I go along then I get lost or head out on tangents... not very time effective)

I've been talking about my novel to my new co-workers and they're almost as excited about it as my old ones were. That makes me very happy. I know now that I'll have a good support system in place when I go a little crazy come November. That is, if I'm not already insane. You see, talking about my novel makes me think about my novel. That, in turn, makes me have ideas. And while I would normally welcome ideas about where to take my novel or new plot twists I can throw in there when I don't have time or a place to write it just makes me frustrated. I do try to jot down notes but when I'm in the middle of learning how to do something it is really hard to stop and write something down. I only have one more week of training then I'm on my own. I'll start keeping two notebooks by my computer, one for work and one for novel stuff.

Anyway, to get back on track with the title of this post, my characters have been going nuts. They are making it so difficult to concentrate. Where were they three months ago when I wanted to work on this novel? Nowhere! Jerks. I've been trying to appease them and let them know that I promise I will start working as soon as I possibly can but they just don't seem to care. And they don't care if all of them talk at once. How can I understand what they want when I can't figure out who is saying what? Jerks squared. They are so rude!

PS - Its not the best picture, but its a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment