Monday, June 27, 2011

Feeling Good

So I finally sat down to do some much needed creative outletting (and yes, I made up that word) this weekend. And let me tell you, it was a productive one! I actually got two chapters out and on paper, well a word doc. If I do say so myself, and I will, they aren't half bad. I'm finally getting the hang of not just writing scenes and calling them a chapter but actually writing coherent flowing prose that someone might actually want to read. (Even if that sentence does not even come close.)

I actually had to force myself to walk away so that I could get some sleep last night, not that it worked for me. I kept thinking about where I was and wanting to go. After laying in bed for two hours I finally decided to take a sleep aid so I could at least function at work today. It helped me sleep but as for functioning, not so much. I just want to write not deal with stupid work. Boo! Oh well, lunch is around the corner and that will give me an hour to focus on finishing up where I was.

Also, while working on this current WIP, my characters from my previous attempt decided to pop up and remind me that they are still here. So now I have two stories vying for attention in my head and I don't know what to do. I really like where this current work is heading and I want to see it through, but I'm so proud of my first one that I don't want to shove it to the side. Oh the life of a writer! If only I could focus full time on those pursuits. I mean really, who needs a roof over their head? Or electricity? Or food? Just sayin'.

I guess I should get back to pretending to work now.

No comments:

Post a Comment