Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Why Now?

After writing at a fairly good clip for the last few weeks I have hit the proverbial wall. My imaginary friends have decided to stop talking to me. I sit at the computer and flip through random websites just hoping to get the glimmer of an idea to keep me going. Alas, I am here posting instead.

I'm not going to fully blame my characters for not talking to me. I am partially at fault here. I took the entire weekend off to celebrate the 4th of July and they we're so kind as to fix a gaping plot hole for me on Saturday. What do I do in return? I make a couple notes and walk away. I now am understanding why all those writing gurus tell a writer to "write everyday". Three, ok four, days off is a long time in the grand scheme of things.

I'm going to take the rest of the night off and hope (and pray) that this all comes back to me. I really want to get this novel done by the end of August. I don't exactly know why I set that as my deadline but I felt that I needed one and a month wasn't long enough to actually put some thought into this. Also, with it being finished by that point it will give me a couple months to prep for NaNoWriMo and then I can come back to it after the recommended three to four months for revisions. Sounds easy, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment