Monday, August 22, 2011

Some Up, Some Down

So here it is, Monday again. These things just keep happening no matter how much I try to get them to stop. Alas, it seems to be out of my control so I'll just have to deal with it.

This weekend was a little bit better than the previous. I actually did some writing and it was the first time in about a month that I had. And it wasn't just a few paragraphs or a couple of crappy notes. I finished two chapters and started a third. I'm proud of myself for actually doing it, but I'm still a little disappointed, too. How can I be disappointed when I put down about 3,000 (not so) quality words? Because I did it all on Saturday. Sunday was another day of procrastination watching cheesy chick flicks. I don't even like chick flicks, there was just nothing else on.

So turn the TV off and get to writing, you say. Love to but then I run into the problem that I have internet access. I've tried turning off the wi-fi connection on my computer but it is so easy to turn on when I don't feel like typing. I would just turn off our connection completely but hubby fantastic is a video game nerd and when I'm "writing" he is hanging out in a war zone with his virtual friends.

I must learn to move past this procrastination. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited that I finally got some writing done and I think that this weekend was overall a success. Now if I can just carry that through the week I might actually reach my deadline (in 9 days, eep!).

2 comments:

  1. Yeah procrastination is a pain when starting to draft. Have you tried Write or Die?

    http://writeordie.com/box.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used it before. Maybe I should give it another try.

    ReplyDelete