Monday, August 15, 2011

Ugh

And because it bears repeating.... Ugh! I have not picked up a pen (or set my fingers to the keyboard) to make any progress on my WIP. It's pathetic, especially with a self-imposed deadline bearing down on me. I just seem to be stuck. And not just in my writing progress, I'm stuck in general. Since this page isn't about my life, per se, but instead my writing or lack there of, I shall not complain too much.

Too many things have gotten in the way of my creativity for too long. Now when I try to sit and write I turn on the TV or I Stumble for hours on end. I literally did nothing on Sunday but putz around the interwebz. I wish I could say that things are getting better in the real world and so I am able to jump back into my made up world but I'd be lying. So, as I've said before, I need to force myself to write. As of this post, I am sitting in my office (with the TV off) and I am going to set a timer as soon as this post is finished. 15 minutes is my goal for tonight. 15 minutes of what will be pure stream of consciousness nonsense but I'm hoping it will trigger something. I would be happy with just one sentence of usable material. We shall see.

PS - I will not make a habit of these whiny posts, I promise!



No comments:

Post a Comment