Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm Back

Ok so a couple days turned into a couple weeks. Life just kept getting in the way. Things seem to be looking up for my little family and so I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Its been slow going and I haven't made much progress, but some is better than none. I'm trying to write a little everyday just to move forward. I'm not pushing too hard as I don't want to burn out again. I think that with everything that was going on in my real life and the giant flashing light of my self imposed deadline I crushed myself under the weight. I've mostly dug out from the pile and starting to feel human again.

All that said I have decided to be prudent and extend my deadline. I'm working on convincing myself that its not a bad thing. I'm not doing well with that talk but I'm trying. Its not a failure on my part and by extending the deadline I'm doing myself a service. So my new deadline is my Mom's birthday, April 23. I know its only a month longer but I think its reasonable. And it is only the first draft; it won't be perfect and it won't be publishable but it'll be a start.

By April 23 I will have most of the content cleaned up, plot holes fixed, continuity issues resolved, and pacing more realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment