Monday, January 4, 2010

Moving Forward

Well after a less than productive weekend I finally started to get some work done. I had been rewriting the first chapter by hand while on breaks and lunches at work. During some downtime today I finally got it all typed up. And while it is still quite rough I'm definitely fleshing out the scene a bit more.

I've opened up a few lines of thought that have already come into play in later parts of what was already written. Not so much of a foreshadowing, but more like later information won't be quite so "wow, where did this come from?" type of stuff. Plus it's now all in Word format so my poor hand won't be as tired. I'll be able to go a little bit faster too since I can type much quicker than I can write.

There is something to be said about hand writing a manuscript. There seems to be more of a connection with what I am doing. I've always been a fan of writing out essays and such before a final draft. People in college thought I was nuts, but I am a little bit older than the "tech" generation I took classes with. Maybe someday I'll be able to buy that AWESOME HP laptop with the swivel screen that has handwriting recognition software so I can write it long hand and not have to re-write it (type it) at a later date. Sigh. A girl can dream!

So yeah, that's where I am. Feeling pretty good about the start of the revision. I have quite a long ways to go if the second draft is to be ready be ready by the time I turn 20-10. Scary scary thought. I'll have to ask Nancy how many days I have left til that fateful time.

No comments:

Post a Comment